Re: [T3] T3PBO ... take 2

<x-flowed>

Aaron Clow wrote:

Does anyone know of any general quality differences
from factory to factory or were they generally all
kept under strict guidelines?

I would assume that all factories were under strict quality guidelines. The book I've referred to a couple of times says that at Wolfsburg alone, they had more than 6000 quality inspectors (1967) that did nothing but inspect the production lines, not just take random tests. With this dedication to quality, I would guess that things were similar at the other factories.

One could also think that the material would have quite a big part in this as well, I have heard many people say that some model years (type 1 at least) are better than others, because of different steel quality from year to year.

Also, perhaps I missed it in this thread (or maybe
it's common knowledge and I just don't know), but
where were the US type3's built?

They were built at Wolfsburg.

PerL
73 Variant L