Re: [T3] Fuel Pump Adjustment

on 14/1/2003 1:06 PM, Jim Adney at jadney@vwtype3.org wrote:

> Sounds like either the needle is loose on the shaft, or the gears in the
> mechanism are worn. Is this the type of gauge you can take apart?

Yes, I pulled it apart and was surprised to see how simple it was inside, I
thought there would be a lot more gears and springs ;-). Anyway, while I had
it apart I put a couple of drops of sewing machine oil on the gear and
spindles, but it didn't make any difference when I sucked on the hose.

Ben Doughney

'75 1200L
'63 1200 - Ringo
'71 1600TL