Re: [T3] Front suspension play

> 2cm is a LOT! I'd be careful driving this until you find the cause.

No worries, she's parked dry and awaiting attention, I freaked when I dicovered that sort
of play and had to drive a couple miles home. 1 cm is probably closer to fact, but it
seems like a *lot* in my mind.

I'll yard on the driver's side and see what I feel.

> What year?

The beam is a '70, installed in a '73. The '73 beam exhibits the same slop on both sides,
and is therefore in the 'project' parts pile. I checked the '70 beam out before
installing it, and it was fine, so I'm guessing it's a wear issue of some sort.

Incidentally, when I installed the beam, I failed to observe the correct geometery of one
of the rubber bushings, and hence the beam isn't true. Would this contribute to the wear,
or perhaps cause this slop? It wasn't there for awhile (5-600 miles).

This will be corrected before driving again as well.

Thanks,

Curtis

C.Rochambeau 327/1600
http://binauralaboratories.net
~electronic manipulation's our specialty~