Re: [T3] Type I Bosch Alternator

On 13 Jan 2003 at 10:52, D. & L. Walters wrote:

> Paul, I agree with Toby, a very good looking conversion. I was asking about this very set
> of pics a while back, it's exactly what I would like to do with my 1600. Any more info
> available on just what you did to complete the hookup? This is a 55 amp, isn't there a
> Type 1 alternator with 70 amps available also?

I wish I had taken the time to actually measure the output current of some of
the conversion cars at Parma. I think the owners would have been disappointed.

The alternator rating is only a measure of the maximum that the alternator is
capable of. Still, it will never put out more than the system needs. Most of
you will find that 20 amps is more than you will normally ever use.