[T3] Front suspension play

Morning all,

I began to notice a "thunk" sound from the left front of the car a short while back &
stopped driving it. When I grab the top of the passenger side front wheel I can rock the
car and feel about a cm or 2 of play. This is a new thing & the driver side is still nice
& tight. I tried to feel play in the upper torsion bar & could not, but I was trying to
rock the car & feel at the same time.

I'll enlist the help of a friend this evening & go through the Bently way of operation.
While I'm there should I look for anything else out of the ordinary? My Bently was
written when my car was 2...

As it stands, I'm thinking either upper torsion arm play, toasted ball joint or faulty
wheel bearing (just adjusted those things, operator error??) but I'd greatly appreciate
the voice of experience.

--Thanks Brian, it was good to meet you as well! And also nice to open even *more*
inspiration to get that car running strong (& solid) as soon as I can!! :)

C.Rochambeau 327/1600
http://binauralaboratories.net
~electronic manipulation's our specialty~