Re: [T3] Fuel Pump Adjustment

On 11 Jan 2003 at 23:00, Steven Ayres wrote:

> BenD=> would my car run if the pump really
> => was putting out 1 PSI?
>
> Yes, up to the point where you are using more fuel than the pump is
> delivering. Remember that fuel pressure *replaces* fuel in increments as it
> is used by the carb(s).

Remember that the displacement of the pump is just determined by the stroke and
the size of the diaphram. The stroke is the same on type 1s and type 3s (exact
same cam is used in both) and I think the diaphram is also the same, although
there are certainly different styles of them.

When I get to look at the carb that someone is sending me I will be able to
give us a better idea of what role the pressure plays.