Re: [T3] VW 1218 Tester -- I have one.

Well, Toby.. I appreciate your willingness to loan yours.  But based on
Jim's descriptions, it sounds like the tester I really want to try out is
the Bosch EFAW 228 (or the 193).  Since I don't have any FI problems, my use
of the tester would be more of just a parametric exercise (you know.. see
how things respond with this pressure sensor vs. that one or the other,
etc).  And for that, I guess I really want the meter readings.  I was under
the mistaken impression that the VW 1218 tester provided actual meter
readings, not just the qualitative "good", "no-good" output.

So on goes the search for one of the Bosch testers.  Greg, if I ever find
one, I agree that it would be fun to have a FI geek party / clinic for the
SF Bay area Type 3 crowd.  Meanwhile, I'll just carry on with my humble
analog VOM.  Thanks all for the responses.

Mark Fuhriman   Orinda, CA
'69 Fastback