Re: [T3] gen/VR issues... part 27

Toby wrote:
>Also, would somebody please explain how the generator idiot light SYSTEM
>works?  Brian's car does not have an idiot light so that terminal on the
>regulator is open.  I was wondering if we could put a test light on that and
>how to wire it.

 I 'll take a stab at this.You need to have 12volts+ switched (with key on)
on the bulb and the connection to the VR being the ground on the other
connection to the bulb.  The ground from the VR is what turns the light on
and off. I hope this makes sense. If I remember correctly if the bulb isn't
working, the the VR can't do it's job. I know for a fact this is how it works
with an alternator (BTDT). I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Square AT-the baby suburban