[T3] Alternators

Good evening all,
Does anyone have any advice on converting from a 6 volt to 12 volt
alternator? To be specific, can you recommend where to get a kit for it?
I have contacted Bill and Steves and they dont offer such a kit and
everyone else has kits for type ones. Will the 55 amp Bosch alternator
fit in the fan housing? Price is secondary to what may come with the
kit. Are there any other modifications or headaches I may encounter when
doing the switch?
Thanks for the help and hopefully I can return the favor sometime.