Re: [T3] Help! '68 Sqback Timing Problem (long)

If your certain it is the right distributor, point the pulley marks at what should be #1, make sure the #1 valves are closed. The rotor should be pointing towards the mark on the distributor at this point. If not, either it is not the right dizzy, or the plug wires aren't routed right. The wires on the cap should be like this:

4  3

1  2

Engine:

3  1
4  2

I had a similiar problem with mine from the PO. I know aircooleds, but it took me 3 months to figure this one out because I just assumed it was right.

Robb
www.aircoolers.org