Re: [T3] Fuel in oil

on 9/1/2003 4:01 AM, Steven Ayres at comwest@att.net wrote:

> I haven't heard of an actual crossover
> connection -- if I'm reading right, it seems to me that anything like that
> would effectively disable the fuel pump.

The '71 & '72 Super beetles had a crossover cut off valve. It was fully
mechanical- it only let fuel in the inlet when fuel was flowing through the
outlet side.

They only had them for those two years, then I think they built a check
valve into the pump. It was just to stop petrol from getting into the engine
while the car was parked.

Ben Doughney

'75 1200L
'63 1200 - Ringo