Re: [T3] T3PBO ... take 2

> I suspect that these cars came down the assembly line in VIN order, but the
> bodies that were installed on the pans (which carried the VIN) could have been
> grabbed in somewhat random order, depending on how they were arranged after
> delivery from the body works.

I'm sure that's the case.
Three of the four Squares I have had here had bodies made on consecutive days in
April 1971 according to the production plates but the VIN numbers (though within
a day's production) weren't in the same order.
However, the paper I found under the carpet in the Fastback had the body and
trim colours plus the chassis number and the body plate code, so they must have
identified the chassis and body before assembly of the interior trim.  There
must be ex VW workers in Germany who could tell us exactly what was done and
when.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/