Re: [T3] Fuel in oil

On 7 Jan 2003 at 22:39, BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com wrote:

>  Are you trying to say that if I sent you the above items you could figure it
> out? I think I have a spare carb, not sure which side though (does it make a
> difference?) and I think I have one of those crossover valves (never used it
> before) that I can send you if you want me to. Let me know and I'll box it up.

If you would loan me a carb (either side) I could make a good estimate of how
much difference 2 psi would make. I would be happy to ship it back to you when
I was done. I would need to open up the float bowl to get inside, so I would
try not to tear that gasket, but that might still happen.

I don't think I have what I would need to easily measure the effect of the
crossover valve. Russ might have what we need at work, or the very best thing
would be to measure the pressures as installed in a type 3 engine. This would
just take a couple of Tees and 2 pressure gauges.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org