Re: [T3] Fuel in oil

On 6 Jan 2003 at 17:11, Ben Doughney wrote:

> I thought if I measured the initial fuel pressure, then took the pump apart
> and stretched the spring, then measured again etc. I could get it to the
> required 5psi. Does it matter what RPM's the pressure is measured at?

If you're willing to put in the time, this would be a great thing to do. I
recommend that you record the brans/model of the pump you have as well as the
free length & wire diameter of the spring. Then you can tell us what final
length needs to be to get the output pressure right.

Once the pump fills the carbs, the pressure should not vary with RPM.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org