Re: [T3] Fuel in oil

<x-flowed> >I thought if I measured the initial fuel pressure, then took the pump apart

and stretched the spring, then measured again etc. I could get it to the
required 5psi. Does it matter what RPM's the pressure is measured at?

I recently purchased several NOS rebuild kits, and there was no immediate way to tell weather they were Type 1 or Type 3 fuel pressure. The kits were identical except the Type 3 used a thicker gauge spring. I have thickness and spring load/rate data somewhere if anyone wants it. I also measured fuel pressure, and it held 4.5 PSI no matter the engine speed or load (yes, I had a buddy looking at the gauge while accelerating). I believe you could adjust a Type 1 spring by cold setting it.

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR