Re: [T3] Fuel in oil

BenD=> How can you tell if you have a proper
=> Type 3 pump, other than measuring the
=> fuel pressure?

A Type 3 pump has a 311 part number.

=> Can a Type 1 pump be rebuilt to Type 3 specs
=> just by using a Type 3 rebuild kit (if those are
=> available)?

If what I've heard is correct, the only real difference is the spring. Would
a spring be included in a rebuild kit? I haven't rebuilt one in decades, and
I don't remember. I have to say that finding a Type 3 rebuild kit (if
they're really different) seems harder than finding an NOS pump.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 KG1600 (w/ electric fuel pump)