Re: [T3] Fuel in oil

On 5 Jan 2003 at 12:21, Daniel Baum wrote:

> > I once had a pump (mechanical - carb motor) that leaked fuel into the
> > crankcase.

> I'm getting more and more convinced that this is my problem.
>
> I can't see anything wrong with the carbs that would cause them to leak.

There WAS your observation that one of the gaskets was wet on one side while it
wasn't on the other, and that one float bowl wasn't full, AND that a check
valve was missing in one of the accelerator pumps. Is it possible that the
missing check valve (ball & spring) would allow extra fuel to dribble out of
that carb, explaining the wet gasket and the low fuel level.

I don't know these carbs like many of you do, but depending on how the internal
passages were arranged, that check valve MIGHT be necessary to keep gas from
just flowing (or syphoning) on its own even though the throttle pump wasn't
active.