Re: [T3] Hi All!

> I was reading the 'VW Beetle' book by Lawrence Meredith and it said that
> there were only 30 road-worthy Squarebacks registered in the UK in 1999! Is
> this still the case?

I'm sure there are more than 30, but maybe not more than 100.  There are 58 with
current club members, but not all these would be roadworthy.  I don't know where
Lawrence Meredith got the info from - I doubt the licensing authorities would
have supplied it to him, though they are the only people who would be able to do
a search for that information.

Certainly at one VW show last year I didn't see any other Squareback apart from
my own, but I recall there were at least 6 at another show, out of about 30 Type
3s.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/