Re: [T3] Fuel in oil

<x-charset windows-1255>DanielB=> If I were to replace the fuel pump
=> with another Brazilian one, is one made
=> for a Beetle suitable, or do I need one
=> specially made for a Type 3?

This remains a point of controversy. There are plenty of people running Type
1 pumps who see no problem, but the Type 3 pump delivers higher pressure (5
vs 3psi) and I believe this is needed for the PDSITs in certain situations
(like climbing long hills). I'd say get what you can now to clear up the
fuel-in-oil problem, and keep looking for the right deal on the right pump.
I wouldn't think that any Brazialian-made pump would be a good long-term
solution anyway.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 343