From: "Per Lindgren" <lindgre@online.no>
Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 11:56 PM
Subject: Re: [T3] Shock mount codes

john r wrote:

>My 69 fastback FI/Manual, bought in Kansas has the
>code ' TL, S, 1, 11 '
>

>Ben's read 'TL, S, 2, 1'  His is a 71 RHD, carbed
>manual shift and is Kansas (which is a long way from
>Kansas).

My bet is that TL is for Fastback. S is for 1600 engine (as VW used to
put an S on cars with the bigger engine), the 1 is for LHD and 2 is for
RHD as the model type specification is usually 311 for a LHD car and 312
for a RHD car. The 11 is the only thing I dont have a guess at, but it
could be tranny or something?

Have anybody seen this at a square? If so, what did those say, V, S, 1,
11 perhaps? I'd like to check mine out, but it's parked under 3 feet of
snow. :-(

PerL
73 Variant L