[T3] generator pulley

<x-flowed>Hi,
I'm new to the list but I have been reading throught the different posts for the last few months and have found it to be a truly informative website for type 3 owners..... hell, Jim Adney sure knows a lot about these cars!

Anyway, I have a 1969 AT Squareback. My generator pulley cracked last week and turns out that it was not the right one for my car anyway. I picked one up for a type 3 at a VW junkyard here in Southern California. It is an original VW part. My question is whether the generator pulleys for type 3's are all the same or if there are any differences between years? Kind of a silly question but I want to make sure before I put it on. Also any advice on how to go about tightening the pulley nut?? I don't have a special tool to hold the thing from spinning.
_Darvin