Re: [T3] Shock mount codes

on 4/1/2003 7:41 PM, john r at vwfasty@yahoo.com wrote:

> My 69 fastback FI/Manual, bought in Kansas has the
> code ' TL, S, 1, 11 ' (not sure if those are ones or
> an i ?) in the same place on outside of the passenger
> side rear shock mount tower)

I'm not sure about that last digit either- it could be a 1 or an I. Is yours
fuel injected? Perhaps the last digits were 1 (or I) for carburettors and 11
(or II) for fuel injection?

I would say as Per suggested that the second digit is for left or right hand
drive.

Ben Doughney

'75 1200L
'63 1200 - Ringo