Re: [T3] Shock mount codes

<x-flowed>
john r wrote:

My 69 fastback FI/Manual, bought in Kansas has the
code ' TL, S, 1, 11 '

Ben's read 'TL, S, 2, 1' His is a 71 RHD, carbed manual shift and is Kansas (which is a long way from Kansas).

My bet is that TL is for Fastback. S is for 1600 engine (as VW used to put an S on cars with the bigger engine), the 1 is for LHD and 2 is for RHD as the model type specification is usually 311 for a LHD car and 312 for a RHD car. The 11 is the only thing I dont have a guess at, but it could be tranny or something?

Have anybody seen this at a square? If so, what did those say, V, S, 1, 11 perhaps? I'd like to check mine out, but it's parked under 3 feet of snow. :-(

PerL
73 Variant L