Re: [T3] Fuel in oil

On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 22:07, Jim Adney wrote:

.

> The only cases I have ever heard of where an engine was damaged was when a hard
> to start car was pushed by another car to try to get it running. I used to park
> at a gas station where they kept a trophy: a Corvette piston and rod from a car
> they had pushed to 30 mph and then popped the clutch in 1st gear. The rod was
> somewhat buckled, but they told me that the car actually started and ran after
> that. It just ran poorly.

I and my father had this experience with a ford flat head motor with
water in one cylinder. We push started the car, and blew out the side of
a cylinder wall.

When I replace a mechanical fuel pump, I pack the base of the pump, and
the fiber block with grease. If the diaphram leaks, it will wash out the
grease. Orginally VW shipped their engines that way.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)