Re: [T3] Fuel in oil

On 3 Jan 2003 at 22:57, Daniel Baum wrote:

> There was, I believe, some petrol on the plastic part underneath the fuel
> pump when I removed it. I suppose the only way to make sure is to thoroughly
> dry everything off, then start the engine and see what happens.

There really should be no gas there at all. Make sure that nothings leaking
from the connections or from around the edge of the diaphram. If the pump body
is completely dry on the outside from the outer edge of the diaphram on up, and
there is still gas inside or on the bottom, then you have a bad diaphram.

This can certainly pump a lot of gas into the crankcase in a short time.