Re: [T3] Shock mount codes (Was: Re: [T3] Removing undercoating?)

On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 18:29, Jim Adney wrote:
> On 2 Jan 2003 at 19:52, Russ wolfe wrote:
>
> > At the dealers I worked at, the mechanic doing the "pre-delivery"
> > inspection was supposed to write them down on the shop work order.
>
> Were they just concerned that someone might swap in an old part and then come
> in for a warrantee repair?

No, just so they had a record of tracebility. I saw a stolen Corvette
recovered because of one on top of a frame rail. All the other numbers
on the car had been altered.
The front axle beam had an inked on serial number.
BTW, isn't Ben's car Austrailian?? Could it be that the suspension
system was assembled in Germany?

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)