Re: [T3] Fuel in oil

<x-flowed>

Daniel Baum wrote:

If that is the case, how would I know if one or more of my cylinder is full of gas right now, and it is gradually seeping into the sump, bearing in mind that the engine does seem to run pretty well, despite everything?

Try to remove the sparkplugs and use a screwdriver (carefully!) as a dipstick. You'll quickly find out if there's any amount of fuel in there.

This actually is the thing that I find the most puzzling. While all this
petrol was accumulating in the sump from wherever, the engine carried on
regardless, and does not show signs of running rich; at least not now that I
have adjusted the carbs to some extent.

My experience with rich running engines is that the fuel will rather accumulate in the muffler than in the sump, as long as the engine's running. I have heard of examples of fuel in the sump, but not many times.

PerL
73 Variant L