Re: [T3] Shock mount codes (Was: Re: [T3] Removing undercoating?)

On 3 Jan 2003 at 15:33, Ben Doughney wrote:

> They obviously meant something to VW then. Do they represent what type of
> suspension was installed on the floorpan or what body style it was supposed
> to go with?

Different body styles used different torsion bars (there were 2 different
stiffnesses) so the factory would want to have some way of identifying the
assemblies once they were put together. I would have exepected them to just get
a complete part #, but this looks like some kind of shorthand.

I wonder if these assemblies were done by VW or if they were put together by a
subcontractor. I suspect that they were all done in house, but today that would
be different.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org