Re: [T3] Type 3 Speedometer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6755&item=
>> 1876263832

>>I note that the needle is out of place. Something is either broken or the
>>needle has slipped over its "zero" stop.

When I was looking for a new Speedo for my car Mike sent me some links to
fix these.  The links were broken but I was able to retrieve a cached
version of the page, I have since saved it as a *.pdf (adobe) file.  So if
anyone wants a copy let me know and I will send it to you directly.  The
instructions are for an early Porsche speedo (VDO) that is very similar if
not the same as the type 3 speedo.  They include gage face refurbishing,
odometer repair, and calibration instructions, with pictures.

Jason Smith
71 Square FI AT
72 Fasty FI AT
http://jasontsmith.tripod.com/vw.htm