Re: [T3] hello fellas

> "We" type 3 owners, or "We" in the UK? And for how long?

Both, I guess! I thought the "bottom end of the market" was enough to describe
your poor relations, if not the sig.  ;-)

It applies to all later ones AFAIK, though maybe there are some 'L' spec that
have a half-ring, or have had one fitted.

I find it the best system, - you always know where to find it, and it doesn't go
off unexpectedly, unlike the more usual (in USA) half-ring.  Also it doesn't
tend to crack on the spoke as the rebate is symmetrical.

Oh, and just in case - I've no idea if the Type 34 did anything different from
the USA spec.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/