Re: [T3] EFI gone mad (update)

In a message dated 12/31/2002 11:57:34 PM Eastern Standard Time, jadney@vwtype3.org writes:

> Also, perhaps first, try a new # 3 plug, check the # 3 SP wire to make sure it
> has the right resistance (same as the others,) and check both ends to make sure
> that there's no carbon track anywhere that is short
> circuiting the # 3 plug.

I figured it out for the most part.

Problem #1: The plate that holds the points in the dizzy is loose. I couldn't set my gap. I had a spare from a bus that I put in and temporarliy solved that. Jim, do you rebuild distributors?

Problem #2: The 3 & 4 head nuts were loose. I retorqued them no problem.

Question: Now it runs a million times better, but has a hestiation in the low end of every gear. The valves are at .006, new points are at about 54, new cap,rotor,wires,plugs. I have not checked the #1 & 2 side heads yet. The car historically runs best when the dwell is at 50, so I will reset them and see. Could it be an intake leak? Maybe the timing should be different with the bus dizzy?
1 & 2 heads loose?

TIA,
Robb