Re: [T3] tranny woes

> ...BTW...are imperial quarts metric?...and what aboot
> imperial pints?...and what aboot imperial
> facilities?...how many GPF do they use?...

1 Imperial pint is 20 fluid ounces; 1 US pint is 16 fluid ounces (ie it was
standardised by the pound weight).  Imperial pints/quarts/gallons are 25% bigger
than US ones.

1 Litre of water ... weighs 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds or 35.2 ounces).  Imperial
measures have little in common with metric ones - we even use miles here in the
UK.

As far as Gpf (gallons per flush?) are concerned, most modern cisterns are
designed to use less than the old ones, and some have different flush modes for
when you need less or more water.  There would appear to be few 'bog-standard'
units around.  ;-)

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/