Re: [T3] I think I found the problem, I hope

On 31 Dec 2002 at 17:38, Fiesta Cranberry wrote:

> The relay has 3 red wires connected to it---guess I should check all?

One red wire is the power coming in to the relay. You can tell which one that
is because it comes from the fuse box and it will be "hot" all the time.

The other 2 red wires are both switched by the relay. (Since you have 2, you
must have AT, which uses the extra red wire for the special aux air regulator
that AT FI cars got. MT cars have this red wire cut off on both ends.) These 2
red wires connect to separate terminals on the relay, but those terminals are
connected together inside the relay. They will both be switched on and off at
the same time.