Re: [T3] gen/vr problems

On 29 Dec 2002 at 19:01, Brian wrote:

> well, my generator in the 73 is shot!  it is producing no voltage.  the
> brushes are good, the wires are all good, but zip.  what usually causes
> a failure like this?

It's usually a shorted wire inside, a bad armature, or that little screw in the
end missing. If the screw terminals twist when you tighten them down, then the
wires that connect to them on the inside can twist around and short to
something, or break off.

Which of the tests did you try and what were the results?

Did you try running it as a motor while holding it in your hand? That's the
best way to find a bad armature.