Re: [T3] Fastback pop-outs

On 31 Dec 2002 at 20:27, Thomas Ainlay wrote:

> I have a '72 Fastback with regular windows.  I was looking at some pop-outs
> today and wanted to find out how they are fitted.  Do they use the same
> method as for Squarebacks?  It appeared that the glass flexes rather than
> pivots at the pillar?  Is this correct?  How are they removed from the
> vehicle?

Yes, the fasty popouts actually just flex. I'm afraid I don't remember how they
are held in place, nor can I remember whether they can be installed in later
cars. There is a kind of steel band around the outside rubber molding that
probably holds these, and I seem to recall some little clips inside, too, but
those may just be for the headliner.