Re: [T3] Still leaking

On 28 Feb 2003 at 17:12, Mark Healey wrote:

> Anyway I got it done.  It rained and it leaked less.  Now the leak is
> coming from somewhere up high between the fan housing and the
> firewall.  I'd like to take out the fan to see but that won't work for
> the obvious reasons.
>
> It is not the hoses, they are clear.

You should also check to make sure that the hole, where the hose attaches to
the steel air plenum, is not blocked by leaves on top of it. You may need to
look down there with a flashlight at night to see anything, or the best (but
hardest) way is to remove the plastic fan housing and then reach your hand up
there and grab all the clutter that collects in that volume.

Note to anyone who has to remove their ventilation fan housing for any other
reason: DON'T miss this opportunity to clean out this space!

> Kieth Park mentioned that it might be front vent housing.  It seems
> entirely possible since there is quite a bit of rust in there.

If it is from rust thru, I consider pulling the fan housing and first cleaning
everything possible out of there. Then, working from below, paint in the air
plenum with roofing tar to seal the leaks and stop the rust. First spraying in
some LPS-3, or some other rust proofer, would be a good move.