[T3] Painting gauges

Hi all,

Someone was asking before about silver paint for gauges.

In this picture of my dash:

http://www.type34.info/temp/Dash%20from%20right.jpg

the speedo and fuel gauge were heavily renovated by me, including painting
the inner bevel using aluminium acrylic paint of the kind sold for plastic
model kits. The clock was pretty much pristine when I got it and is original
and unrestored. I can of course provide details of the brand of paint to
anyone who is interested.

The only thing I don't know is whether Type 3 gauges were the same colour as
the ones on the Type 34, so I don't really know how useful this info is.

Here is another close-up of my instruments:

http://www.type34.info/temp/Driver's%20eye%20view.jpg

You can also see at the right a decal with the auto tranny shifter
positions; was this used on the Type 3 too? I wasn't aware that the Type 34
had this till recently, and I've never seen another one.

Daniel Baum
1969 Type 34 automatic
Email: daniel@type34.info
Homepage: http://www.type34.info