Re: [T3] air cleaner parts

On 28 Feb 2003 at 11:07, Earthman? wrote:

> Say, what important function is rendered useless by having this intake flap
> wired in the wide open position? Mine is currently 'locked' open, should I fix
> that?

I believe its only function is to provide a bit more vacuum to the crankcase
breather. This helps draw off water vapor which would otherwise condense there
in cold weather. It's appropriate to latch it open in warm weather.

I think it really only has an effect at idle. At all other times the flap is
just held open by the larger airflow.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org