Re: [T3] air cleaner parts

On 28 Feb 2003 at 15:14, orntar@att.net wrote:

> yes the clip is like a bearing that keeps the flap arm from rubbing directly on
> the filter housing. this is the one that is right next to the body intake before
> the filter. the arm hangs outside the intake housing and so when it broke, i
> figure it hit the ground never to be seen again. the flap is still present and
> in the plastic clip/bearing,

Okay, so what you could probably use is just the short oval tube section that
clamps to the body, and that tube section contains the plastic bearing with the
flap and weighted arm. I'm not sure that I have any of these. I don't think any
of my cars have ever had this. Was this in a FI car? I wonder if it was a '70-
only part?

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org