[T3] The car which finds you

Dave Hall has frequently made the point that we don't find our type 3s, they
find us.

Last night I saw, for the first time, a Saturn commercial showing cars looking
for owners. It was exactly Dave's concept. Nicely done, showing cars without
drivers, driving around looking over prospective owners until they found one
that they liked.

Nice commercial.

For decades I've wondered why it is that the VW commercials we see here are
head and shoulders above the crowd. They tend to be interesting and completely
different from the run-of-the-mill car commercials that we usually see on TV.
>From Dustin Hoffman in the early type 3 commercial to the VW Stomp commercial
of a few years ago to what I call the "pass on the smile" commercial currently
running, I give continuing credit to VW for daring to be different as well as
interesting.

This new Saturn commercial is the only other commercial that I've seen that
comes close.