RE: [T3] What keeps the oil down?

it is definitely not at all like this.

Okay, here's the whole deal:

I have to open the engine hatch to check the oil, add oil, or anything
like that.  And the dipstick is next to the filler, not the same
device.  However, it IS different than my '69 Bug's setup.

Where that picture shows the oil cap/dipstick combo I have a bolted-in
plate.  It has a few layers of paint on it, so I figured it was just
'like that' for my car and was changed at some point later.  I've seen
the other (correct, I guess) oil dipstick out the back, but just assumed
mine was in-between where the body/frame had the holes, but the engine
wasn't yet altered.

Now it SOUNDS from that like my engine is 'wrong', but I have the 4-part
heat-exchanger things like other T-3s, not the Type-1
only-the-two-big-ones type heat exchangers and a type-3 muffler (I even
put in a new Dutch muffler in the fall).

I'll take some pictures tonight.

--
boinger <boinger@qamail.transora.com>