Re: [T3] sunroof wind deflector trim

<x-flowed>
One of the really nice things that I noticed about my 69 sunroof was that the
wind noise was minimal already. Whether this was by chance or by design I

I actually just bought a very similar (identical?) one for my '69 Beetle. I got it just for looks, but the Beetle sunroof is quite noisy. The front edge of the Beetle's sunroof opening is considerably lower than the rear edge, so it gives the impression that it's going to really "catch" the wind.

The seller from which I bought the Beetle trim thought it mounted via existing bolts. However, when I hold it in place, this does not seem to be the case. I contacted the seller of the Type III trim; he just wrote back and said that 2mm holes must be drilled to mount this kind of trim... sigh.

-Greg