Re: [T3] Fan Housing Rattle

> It's easy when you have trolley jacks, stands, somewhere level to do the
work
> etc, that pulling the engine is the sensible way to work.  It's not always
as
> easy when you don't have all the gear

On the same subject, how high does the rear of the car need to be lifted to
take the engine out? I've never done it, but will almost definitely have to
at some point (doesn't everybody?) so I may as well make sure I've got the
right tools.

When I had the car raised at the highest setting of my jackstands, the
bottom of the rear bumper was 52 cm (that's nearly 2 feet for you Americans
etc.) off the ground. This gave me plenty of room to work underneath. I
could raise the jackstands on a pile of concrete paving stones to get extra
height if I just need a little bit extra.

Strangely enough, while the Elfrink book says raise the car 1m, looking at
the picture of the car on a stand, it only seems to be about 2 inches higher
than I can get mine so I'm not quite sure what's needed.

Thanks,

Daniel Baum
1969 Type 34 automatic
Email: daniel@type34.info