Re: [T3] Fan Housing Rattle

It's easy when you have trolley jacks, stands, somewhere level to do the work
etc, that pulling the engine is the sensible way to work.  It's not always as
easy when you don't have all the gear.

I used to find that hanging the car's rear over a steep slope gave a lot of room
to work underneath, ideal for changing mufflers eg, though luckily I've not had
to do the fan housing job.  No doubt now I have the gear, I would take the
engine out too.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/