[T3] Idle screw and auto tranny

After a semi tune up I drove my new 70 efi auto home about 200 miles. When
cold it didn't want to shift into 3rd. When hot, it didn't want to downshift
properly, the car woulld almost stall at stop lights, but was fine at 70 mph
the whole way. The next morning I adjusted the valves, set the timing, and
found the idle screw to be completely closed. I opened it up, reset the
timing and now it shifts well after I let it warm up for a few minutes. I
haven't driven any distance yet to know if the hot part of the equation is
fixed, but here is the question:

Could opening up the idle screw have cured the shifting problem? I'm guessing
since the tranny is controlled by vacuum from the intake, that closed screw
could have an impact.

THanks,
Robb
73 fasty