Re: [T3] wheels of steering

On 21 Feb 2003 at 11:49, boinger wrote:

> well, I got it all installed.  It /mostly/ fits.  Like, it bolts on, and
> it makes the wheels point where I want, but it doesn't mesh up all the
> way - there's a gap behind the steering wheel body and the turn signal
> stalk.  So, the turn signal canceller thingy that sticks down stops
> short.

You have to make sure that the cancelling cam is not catching on the cancelling
tab on the TS switch. This will be okay if the TS switch is centered when you
push the wheel in. Once the wheel is in all the way you may have to adjust the
column backwards to make the gap correct.

> I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the correct part number is
> for a '67 Squareback steering wheel?
>
> Would it happen to be 311 415 651A by chance?

Can't tell, but the microfilm gives the 651B as the replacement for ALL years
up thru 71. I know they used various parts over the years. Sometimes they were
311 parts, sometimes 111 or 113 parts.