Re: [T3] Seeking opinions on rebuild

On 22 Feb 2003 at 1:27, Richard Steinburg wrote:

> Just wondering, if you increase the displacement from 1584cc to 1678cc while
> keeping the stock FI setup, won't you be running the engine a little lean?
> How would the FI brain know you have increased the displacement?
> The only thing I could think of doing is fooling the brain by changing the
> injectors to ones with a bigger flow rate.

I completely skipped over this earlier. Yes, you have to compensate the FI for
the increased displacement.

Take the ratio of you new displacement over the original 1594cc. Then either
substitute injectors that have a higher flow rate in the same ratio, or
increase the fuel pressure by that ratio.

Since the flow rates for the various injectors are not published, it's easier,
and a whole lot cheaper, to just increase the fuel pressure.