[T3] D-Jet Lower Injector Seals

Hi all,
	Are the lower injector seals for D-Jet meant to be pliable rubber? I have
gone to put my old ones back in place and they don't seem right. A couple
have cracked so I know they are toast but they are all rock hard. I have
some replacement aftermarket seals (only two though) and they are pliable
but are also a different shape. The replacements are just like a tubular
piece of rubber. The old seals are dished, is this just because they have
taken the shape of the recess and injector and then dried out? Could I use
another piece of rubber tube to make some from scratch? What's the deal with
petrol attacking rubber? Is there a certain type/grade of rubber I should
use?

cheers,
Dan