Re: [T3] who's doing Type 3 work this weekend?

Well, I got the BugPack single QP exhaust on Sophy this afternoon and
evening.  It went on without much fuss.  Had to change one heater box out
since the stub that attached to the header was rusted away too much.  Had to
slightly tweak one of the four connections to get it to fit nicely.

The other thing that gave me fits was the hanger for the muffler.  The
little strap that came with it was way too short to reach the muffler
bracket from any of the header pipes around it.  I ended up fabricating one
from an old coil bracket.  Once it was on, I fired her up.  The POR-20
smoked a little bit for the first 5 minutes or so and then was fine.  No
initial discoloration after a quick trip around the block.  Will get a few
more miles on her tomorrow when I go visit a street rodder buddy of mine.
Will report back to the List any findings.

BTW, it is really nice to have a quiet car again.  I might even be able to
hear my 6V AM radio again. <G>  Only negative is that now I will be able to
hear all of her other aches and pains more clearly. <G>

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI AT Fasty (Jane - Darkside Project)
'66 Square (Sophy - Daily Driver) ***** now nice and quiet again *****
About Half a Late Square (Organ Donor)
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jaransonT3/jaransonT3/
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jaransonT3/notavwclub/