Re: [T3] who's doing Type 3 work this weekend?

hi
  long time no post from me really ! sadly ive been way too busy at work.

things have calmed down and im pleased to say i wont be going to a rather
warm country! nor will any of the people i work with dirrectly was going but
we have been stood down!!!

sooo i will get a sort of normal life back 8-)

i intend to start posting again so any typ 4 into typ 3 questions or carb
things or early body on irs stuff give me a try.

i have changed the exhaust on the 2110cc typ 4 motor in my sqr had to chop 4
cm out of my j tubes so i could fit a bus header 38mm and thunderbird under
the rear valance .

4 hours yesterday afternoon of welding/fabrication using a spare pair of sqr
port heads and the header as a jig not very easy but i got there .

im gonna get a silencer from a motorbike under there when i find a nice ally
one should look quite nice .

tommoro i take all the tin of this means removing my dell 40s breather box
fuel and breather lines quite a job .

must have done a thousand miles with the new engine in it rocks it is such a
powerhouse it just makes me grin ear to ear when i leave a bmw at the lights
like hes driving a trabant!

heres how my engine panned out in the end for those who are dark.

76mm counterweight crank from aircooled net.
mahle b pistons 94mm in new ks typ 4 jugs
new 2ltr rods rebushed 22mm small end for the b pistons
web 163 full base circle cam
web 99 gram lifters single heavy springs
overhauled 40 mm in 34 mm out sqr port bus heads.
dell 40 155 main 55 idle 35mm vent 180 air
power tuning parts reworked inlet manifolds real short !
shortened la performance 40mm j tubes into 38 mm bus header into thunderbird
quiet can
228 mm stock bus flyweel presure plate (grind bell housing to fit use auto
starter motor)

nasty cro-moly push rods these are going !ive got a set of ally push-rods
from john at aircooled via his dealer in the uk hsl racing there cut the
ends are in the freezer just need to get the courage to press/bash the
things in!

if id ever spent more than 3 months here at home in germany i might have
made a web site to put some pictures up who knows mayby im not going
anywhere for a little while now!

take care one and all its nice to be back in the real world again.

neil verdon 66 sqr on irs 2110cc typ4 (scareing the shit out myself in
germany) 8-)